The recipe below is designed to make a 2 or 6 gallon batch.
HOPPED HONEY APPLE CIDER RECIPE KIT
This deep golden, full bodied cider will tempt your sweet tooth to the very last sip! BrewDemon® uses only 100% New Zealand apples to provide the optimum flavor profile for world-class cider.
Forbidden Fruit Hard Cider Mix
Pale Horse Pale Export (unhopped malt extract)
Dry Hard Cider Brewing Yeast
Cascade Pellet Hops
Muslin Hop Bag
One Step No-Rinse Santizing Cleanser
You will need
Sanitize everything that will come in contact with your cider.
2-GALLON BREWING INSTRUCTIONS
1. Sanitize Your Equipment
Follow the steps outlined in the instructions that came with your kit. You can download these instructions from our Help Desk under Downloads.
YOU MUST ALSO SANITIZE YOUR HOP SACK.
2. Making This Recipe
This recipe contains everything you need for fermentation. Just follow the instructions below. Since your hard cider is mostly water, the better the water the better your cider. This step should take about 30 minutes.
1. Remove the black lid from your cider mix and stand both cans in a tub of hot tap water. This will help them pour more easily.
2. Fill your fermenter with a gallon of cold water. For best results, use bottled spring water or charcoal-filtered tap water.
3. Place 1 ounce of hops into the hop bag (tying it closed on both ends). Trim away any excess material.
4. Place 4 cups of water into a clean 3-quart pot and bring to a boil.
5. Remove from heat. Then slowly stir in 1/2 cup of honey and the contents from both cans until fully dissolved. This mixture is called the "must."
6. Pour the “must” into the fermenter. Then add your hops (in the hop sack). Bring the volume of the fermenter up to the 8.5-quart mark by adding more water. Mix thoroughly. Read the thermometer and wait until the temperature of the "must" is between 64°- 86° F before adding the yeast.
7. Add the yeast. Then attach your lid.
8. Place the fermenter out of direct sunlight and maintain a temperature between 64°- 86° F for approximately 14 days.
KEEP HOPS IN FERMENTER DURING THE ENTIRE FERMENTATION PERIOD. HOPS WILL NOT DISSOLVE.
3. Bottle As Directed
Follow the steps outlined in the instructions that came with your kit.
FOR BEST RESULTS CONDITION FOR 2 TO 4 WEEKS.