This recipe makes 6-gallons of beer.
BLACK ROCK LAGER PLUS 6-GALLON RECIPE
A blend of hop varieties produces the characteristic bitterness and aroma of this refreshing lager.
(1) 1.7kg can of Black Rock Lager (HME)
(1) 1kg can of Black Rock Light (UME)
(1) 5g packet of dry brewing yeast (under lid)
(1) 129g packet of One Step No-Rinse Cleanser
This malt is similar to BrewDemon's® Prophecy Pale Ale. Sanitize everything that comes in contact with your beer.
6 GALLON BREWING INSTRUCTIONS
1. Sanitize As Directed
Thoroughly clean and sanitize all equipment by following the steps outlined in the instructions that came with your kit. You can download these instructions from the Help Desk under “Downloads”
2. Making This Recipe
Our mixes contain malted extract and hops ready for fermentation. Just add water and the included yeast. Since beer is mostly water, the better the water the better your beer. This step should take about 30 minutes.
1. Remove yeast packets from under the lid of your beer mixes and stand both cans in a tub of hot tap water. This will help them pour more easily.
2. Fill your fermenter with 3 gallons of cold water. For best results, use bottled spring water or charcoal-filtered tap water.
3. Place 3 quarts of water into a clean 8-quart pot and bring to a boil.
4. Remove from heat. Then slowly stir in the contents from both cans until fully dissolved. This mixture is called the wort.
5. Pour the wort into the fermenter. Bring the volume of the fermenter up to the 25-quart mark by adding more water. Mix thoroughly. Read the thermometer and wait until the temperature of the wort is between 64°- 82° F before adding the yeast.
6. Add the yeast. Then attach your lid.
7. Place the fermenter out of direct sunlight and maintain a temperature between 64°- 82° F for approximately 7-14 days.
3. Bottle As Directed
Follow the steps outlined in the instructions that came with your kit. You will need (24) 1-liter bottles for this size batch.
FOR BEST RESULTS CONDITION FOR 2 TO 4 WEEKS.