This recipe will make 2-gallons of hard cider.
SWEET RED TART CIDER 2-GALLON RECIPE
This recipe requires a blender. No one can resist this sweet, tart devilish brew. This apple cider will transport you into gastronomical heaven! BrewDemon uses only 100% New Zealand Apples to provide the optimum flavor profile for world-class cider.
(1) Can of Forbidden Fruit Hard Cider Mix
(1) Can of Red Tart Cherries in Water
(1) Packet of Dry Hard Cider Brewing Yeast
(1) Packet of One Step No-Rinse Cleanser
You wil need
1 1/2 Cups of Ganulated Sugar
1 Cup of Honey
This recipe requires a sanitized blender. Sanitize everything that will come in contact with your cider.
2-GALLON BREWING INSTRUCTIONS
1. Sanitize Your Equipment, Including Your Blender And Hop Sack!
Follow the steps outlined in the instructions that came with your kit. You can download these instructions from our Help Desk under Downloads.
YOU MUST ALSO SANITIZE THE BLENDER.
2. Making This Recipe
This recipe contains everything you need for fermentation. Just follow the instructions below. Since your hard cider is mostly water, the better the water the better your cider. This step should take about 30 minutes.
1. Remove the black lid from your cider mix and stand both cans in a tub of hot tap water. This will help them pour more easily.
2. Puree your fruit in sanitized blender.
3. Fill your fermenter with a gallon of cold water. For best results, use bottled spring water or charcoal-filtered tap water.
4. Place 4 cups of water into a clean 3-quart pot and bring to a boil.
5. Remove from heat. Then slowly stir in 1 cup of honey, 1 1/2 cups of granulated sugar and your hard cider mix until fully dissolved. This mixture is called the "must."
6. Pour the “must” into the fermenter. Bring the volume of the fermenter up to the 8.5-quart mark by adding more water, then add your pureed fruit. Mix thoroughly. Read the thermometer and wait until the temperature of the "must" is between 64°- 86° F before adding the yeast.
7. Add the yeast. Then attach your lid.
8. Place the fermenter out of direct sunlight and maintain a temperature between 64°- 86° F for approximately 14 days.
DUE TO THE AMOUNT OF FRUIT, YOU MAY EXPERIENCE AN ACTIVE FERMENTATION.
3. Bottle As Directed
Follow the steps outlined in the instructions that came with your kit.
FOR BEST RESULTS CONDITION FOR 2 TO 4 WEEKS.