This recipe will make 2-gallons of beer.
TWISTED SUMMERTIME LEMONADE 2-GALLON RECIPE
Remember, Fire is the Devil’s only friend. Cool off that fire with this cold, refreshing summertime wheat beer! No additives or preservatives. BrewDemon® mixes feature complex blends of specialty malts, combined with the finest hops by master brewers in New Zealand’s famous Speight’s brewery, providing the optimum flavor profiles for world-class beers.
(2) Cans of Twisted Monk Witbier (SS HME)
(2) Packets of Dry Brewing Yeast
(1) Ounce Packet Tettnanger Pellet Hops (only 1/2 oz needed for this recipe)
(1) Muslin Hop Bag
(1) Packet of One Step No-Rinse Cleanser
You wil need
(2) Small Lemons (juice plus grated zest)
OPTIONAL Lemonade (See brewing note)
"Shandy” this up by mixing 1/2 Beer to 1/2 Lemonade to your frosty mug! You will need to sanitize your hop sack and everything that will come in contact with your beer.
2-GALLON BREWING INSTRUCTIONS
1. Sanitize Your Equipment
Follow the steps outlined in the instructions that came with your kit. You can download these instructions from our Help Desk under Downloads.
SANITIZE ALL EQUIPMENT INCLUDING THE HOP SACK.
2. Making This Recipe
Our mixes contain malted extract and hops ready for fermentation. Just add water and the included yeast. Since beer is mostly water, the better the water the better your beer. This step should take about 30 minutes.
1. Remove yeast packets from under the lid of your beer mixes and stand both cans in a tub of hot tap water. This will help the malts pour more easily.
2. Fill your fermenter with a gallon of cold water. For best results, use bottled spring water or charcoal-filtered tap water.
3. Place 1/2 ounce of pellet hops into the sanitized hop bag (tying it closed on both ends). Trim away excess material and save the remaining hops in the refrigerator or freezer for another time.
4. Place 4 cups of water into a clean 3-quart pot and bring to a boil.
5. Remove from heat. Add the 4 tbsp of lemon juice and 1/2 tsp of zest from the 2 small lemons. Then slowly stir in contents from both cans until fully dissolved. This mixture is called the wort.
6. Pour the wort into the fermenter. Then add your hops (in hop sack). Bring the volume of the fermenter up to the 8.5-quart mark by adding more water. Mix thoroughly. Read the thermometer and wait until the temperature of the wort is between 64°- 82° F before adding the yeast.
7. Add the yeast. Then attach your lid.
8. Place the fermenter out of direct sunlight and maintain a temperature between 64°- 82° F for approximately 14 days.
KEEP HOPS IN FERMENTER DURING THE ENTIRE FERMENTATION PERIOD. HOPS WILL NOT DISSOLVE.
3. Bottle As Directed
Follow the steps outlined in the instructions that came with your kit.
FOR BEST RESULTS CONDITION FOR 2 TO 4 WEEKS.
NOTE: “Shandy” this up by mixing 1/2 Beer to 1/2 Lemonade to your frosty mug!